<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the nothing was in response to what something had to do with turkey balls.......i then said that the canes are named after soemthing.....and it makes sense......we arent trying to claim that they arent named after a storm.....which is what some here are doing in trying to say that VT isnt named after a turkey with no balls........but after something else that just happens to have the same meaning as a castrated turkey
how do you not follow that? </div></div>
Well actually my Merriman Webster doesn't have Hokie in it but it does have hoke which is pronounced hok (long o). But it is an older one that I have had for several years.
Whatever a Hokie is, I don't know. But I have always understood it to have originated in a cheer contest. But, I really don't care either because compared to what VT was in my younger days they have made leaps and bounds and IMO do quite well with what they have for an alleged nutless turkey [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I grew up with VPI Fighting Gobblers and am still partial to that. </div></div>
get yourself a new version......i already pulled the definition off the online version and posted it earlier
as for the duck and ibis thing
look at our old mascot......with the longer beak.....thats a difference between an ibis and a duck......an ibis has a very long narrow beak



Bookmarks